WT 620 & OS 88
Demulsifiers for De-oiling Sludges
A two part product designed for use in de-oiling sludges:
WT 620 - sludge demulsifier
OS 88 - water treatment agent
Difficult oily sludges require specialized treatment to separate oil, water and suspended solids. These sludges arise from natural settlement and from primary treatment of oil emulsions.
Note: After removal of separated oil, the remaining sludge may require further treatment to complete separation of remaining oil and solids from the water phase.
How to Use
- Typical doses vary widely and should be tested preferably on actual material before full treatment is attempted.
- If the water content of the sludge is low, consider adding more water to mix to aid separation of the oil and solids.
- Use WT 620 typically at 1000 to 1500ppm.
- Mix with the sludge for 5 minutes and then treat with OS 88 at up to 3000ppm.
- Leave the sludge to separate.
- At this stage, very slow agitation can assist complete separation. Fast stirring or pumped circulation is not recommended.
- Viscous sludges will often separate after chemical treatment at ambient temperature.
- When the oil content in the sludge is high viscosity, heating may be required.
WT 620 and OS 88 a re both available in the following sizes:
- 1000 litre, 200 litre containers.
|Appearance||Reddish brown viscous liquid|
|pH||5 to 7|
|SG||1.07 - 1.10|
|VOC content||Negligible (N/A natural origin)